One-on-one machine-quilting lessons to help you make a quilt from beginning to end!
- 12 projects with original quilting designs and full-size patterns
- Over 200 color photos and illustrations to take you through each step
- One-on-one machine-quilting lessons from teacher and machine quilter Lynn Witzenburg
- Handy lay-flat spiral binding so you can have the book open right next to your sewing machine while you learn
- Step-by-step instructions on the basics, from preparation and practice doodling to free-motion and marked-background quilting
- Tips & techniques including free-motion stitching, machine-guided stitching, and feather-stitching, adapting designs to fill spaces, and troubleshooting
In Machine Quilting: The Basics & Beyond, teacher and master machine quilter Lynn Witzenburg guides you through the basic steps of quilting on a home sewing machine—from equipment and supplies, preparation, practice doodling through marked grids, free-form curves, continuous-line designs, and border tips to more advanced techniques and tricks to enhance your quilting projects.
With Lynn as your guide, you'll master trapunto, have fun with free-form feathers and learn about bobbin quilting. The troubleshooting tips in each section guarantee stress-free quilting, and the convenient hidden spiral binding allows your book to lay flat while you learn.
The features in Machine Quilting: The Basics & Beyond include:
- Over 150 full-color photos
- More than 90 full-color illustrations and diagrams
- 12 projects ranging from wall hangings to full-size quilts
- Close-up, step-by-step photography
- Troubleshooting tips throughout the book
- Techniques, such as bobbin quilting, trapunto, and free-form feathers, addressed in an easy-to-understand and easy-to-do format
- Basic quilting and equipment preparation
- Border designs and how to make them fit any quilt
- Original quilting designs
After following the step-by-step photography and instructions in Machine Quilting: The Basics & Beyond, and with a little practice, you'll be saying, "I made this quilt from beginning to end!"